Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Little things, beautiful things that make me go on



Like that video. That video is a good example of things that make me go on, because they are waiting for me to discover them. :-) And if I leave I'll never see, or taste, or hear them, and I'll be the one who's going to be poorer for that.
Watch the video. Don't be jealous of their bodies or movement. They weren't born with those muscles, they weren't born dancers. They were born just like you. What you see there is many thousands hours of dedication, practice, pain, frustration, and many many "no"s. Refusals to go out, to drink that extra beer, to spend that night partying. Dedication to any art is very much like monkhood. Nothing to be jealous of.
Look at them again.
Now, go out and make your dream come true.

1 comment:

Bruno said...

Good words and such a good choice of a video!!

Thanks for always taking your time to appreciate beautiful things/bodies/people. Thanks for taking the time for art.