Saturday, June 29, 2013

Concentration exercises

So what do you do when you finish the first book?
Naturally, you continue to the second. Especially since the first book offers no conclusion whatsoever, but rather, leaves the readers hanging high and dry. And cursing. You don't  know if this is what will happen, which means, the readers being hooked enough to feel personally wronged and cheated if you leave them at that point at the end of the book. You hope it will. At least if you were a reader, you wouldn't just curse, you'd threaten the author with tortures that would make demons blanch. Only it's too damn hot to write, or think. Or even scratch yourself. So you manage to write about half a chapter and even the sound of the keyboard lulls you to sleep.
Still you have a second book to finish. And there is the matter of the edited short stories you need to check.
Bah. So damn sleepy to do any of that. So damn sleepy to keep my eyes open.
Only I am at work. :P

2 comments:

Noelle said...

Too damn hot to think, indeed. When the A/C comes on, it makes me chilly. When it clicks off, it takes about 5 seconds before I start to feel like my head's going to explode if I don't cool off FAST. It's a no-win. I can't get comfy enough to let my mind wander. Like you, I'm trying to work on my 2nd book. Not a sequel, but a whole new thing, and I've managed to write 3 pages... UGH.

Nina said...

Checking edited stuff is worst. I always need a lot of time to convince myself.